Re: Build-depending on non-free package

debian-devel@liska.ath.cx (Оlе Ѕtrеісhеr) writes:
> Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:

>> I'm pretty sure that default is applied before dak ever sees the binary
>> package priority.  (In other words, it's expanded via the build process
>> before priorities are added to the *.changes file.)

> So it is a debhelper bug? Still a "serious" one? (Violation of Policy)?

Section and Priority are only meaningful for binary packages and for
setting the defaults for binary packages.  What you see in the PTS for the
source package really should just be suppressed from the PTS entirely,
since nothing cares about those field values and they're not used for
anything inside Debian.