Re: Build-depending on non-free package

Hi,

debian-devel@liska.ath.cx (Оlе Ѕtrеісhеr) writes:
> Also, I am wondering about the section and priority: The control file
> [3] and the dsc file has contrib/science and optional, but the PTS lists
> them as contrib/misc and extra. Who changed that, why is this done, and
> shouldn't the uploaded/maintainer be informed about such changes?

The .dsc file has no Priority or Section on its own, only the binaries
have that information. There may or may not be a priority and section
for source files given in the .changes which may or may not be useful
values.

As I don't really care about Priority and Section for source packages, I
haven't thought further about this and dak currently uses misc:extra for
all of them.

Ansgar