Re: Build-depending on non-free package

Ansgar Burchardt <ansgar@debian.org> writes:
> As I don't really care about Priority and Section for source packages, I
> haven't thought further about this and dak currently uses misc:extra for
> all of them.

Policy, 5.6.6: Priority

| This field represents how important it is that the user have the
| package installed. See Priorities, Section 2.5.
|
| When it appears in the debian/control file, it gives the value for the
| subfield of the same name in the Files field of the .changes file. It
| also gives the default for the same field in the binary packages.

Which means: If this is set, i *must* be taken as default for the binary
packages (everything else would be a policy violation and therefor an RC
bug, right?).

Similarly for the Section (Policy, 5.6.5)

I am a bit wondering why you don't care about this? Its policy, its the
law?

> As I don't really care about Priority and Section for source packages,
> I haven't thought further about this and dak currently uses misc:extra
> for all of them.

Shall I file these bugs to dak?

Best

Ole