Re: Another Newby question - was - Re: Real newbie ....

On 18/04/14 09:04, Tobias Frost wrote:
https://wiki.debian.org/PbuilderTricks#How_to_include_local_packages_in_the_build

I've worked through it and it 'nearly works'. Unfortunately the command: 'apt-ftparchive packages . > libsword-common_1.7.3+dfsg-1_all.deb libsword-dev_1.7.3+dfsg-1_i386.deb libsword9_1.7.3+dfsg-1_i386.deb' fails because it doesn't like some aspects of my packages. I look at that later, but meanwhile have used debuild to get a working experimental package up and running.

Thanks again for your amazing and rapid help. I'd spent ages looking at the Debian site, and had not found the PbuilderTricks page. It also sent me to some excellent links for in depth information on pbuilder. Thanks again.

Kind regards,        Barry.