Re: DFSG and assembler code

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 1:45 AM, Albert Huang wrote:

> However, TIGCC/GCC4TI is another problem, in that the tool is a heavily
> patched outdated version of binutils/gcc, and that it has a very strange
> developer environment in order to function. (Specifically, it relies on
> shell scripts to produce binaries, and requires a certain TIGCC
> environmental variable to do anything...) I'm in discussion with upstream on
> what could be done to resolve this. But that probably deserves another
> email/thread on debian-mentors...

For the Windows cross-compilers this was solved by pushing the needed
changes into upstream gcc and building from
binutils-source/gcc-X.Y-source using separate source packages. I
expect this is the right approach for these cross-compilers also.

http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/binutils-mingw-w64
http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/gcc-mingw-w64

--
bye,