DFSG and assembler code

Hi,

I am currently working on the ticalcs package:

  <URL:http://packages.qa.debian.org/libt/libticalcs.html>

It contains so-called ROM-dumpers in assembler code which have been
removed for DFSG reasons on the older versions of this package, and I
followed that example and removed them from the version in sid as
well.

However, as dumping the ROM of the calculator is an important feature,
I had a closer look at the files removed and I found that they are all
GPLv2+ (the upstream changelog mentions some rewrite and also some
licence changes).  However, they are still assembler.

Is it necessary to remove the files for DFSG reasons?

As there is currently no browseable upstream repository, I made the
content of the concerned files available quickly here:

    <URL:http://people.debian.org/~andi/nonDFSGcode.txt>

Best regards,

     Andi