Re: dpkg-deb: error: control directory has bad permissions

On Mon, 10 Jun 2013 23:47:13 +1000, Stuart Prescott wrote:

>> mk-build-deps is one of the usual way to do this.
>
> sure. I know that. I just don't understand why that suggestion wasn't in
> the first message. If you're going to go to the trouble of replying to a
> question on the mentors mailing list, why not answer the question?
> "Don't do that" has precisely zero informational value but has more than
> a hint of (unwelcome) hostility.

Thank you very much Stuart to speak out for me. Learning to maintaining
Debian packages could be very intimidating, and it couldnʼt be any worse
than being intimidated by being labelled as asking "silly" questions. I
know it's been quite a while, but I was so intimidated that I only have
the courage to revisit the thread today after getting the initial hostile
respond.

It is apparent in OP that I was trying to get depends installed for the
emacs source package and I only know pbuilder-satisfydepends. I don't
think anyone would misread that except using it as a lame excuse to cover
up bullying. It really make me sick that I've been jerked around by some
people who think they know enough to bully newcomers.

Thanks again Stuart for trying to set things straight for new people like
me.

Thanks