dpkg-deb: error: control directory has bad permissions

Hi,

How can I fix the "dpkg-deb: error: control directory has bad
permissions" error?

I was simply trying to use pbuilder-satisfydepends with the emacs source
package.

 apt-get source emacs24
 cd emacs24*
 sudo /usr/lib/pbuilder/pbuilder-satisfydepends

and this is what I get:

$ sudo /usr/lib/pbuilder/pbuilder-satisfydepends
 -> Attempting to satisfy build-dependencies
 -> Creating pbuilder-satisfydepends-dummy package
Package: pbuilder-satisfydepends-dummy
Version: 0.invalid.0
Architecture: i386
Maintainer: Debian Pbuilder Team <pbuilder-maint@lists.alioth.debian.org>
created by pbuilder
 This package was created automatically by pbuilder to satisfy the
 build-dependencies of the package being currently built.
Depends: bsd-mailx | mailx, libncurses5-dev, texinfo, liblockfile-dev,
librsvg2-dev, libgif-dev | libungif4-dev, libtiff4-dev | libtiff-dev,
xaw3dg-dev, libpng-dev, libjpeg-dev, libm17n-dev, libotf-dev, libgpm-dev,
libdbus-1-dev, autoconf, automake, autotools-dev, dpkg-dev (>> 1.10.0),
quilt (>= 0.42), debhelper (>= 9), libxaw7-dev, sharutils, imagemagick,
libgtk-3-dev, libgnutls-dev, libxml2-dev, libselinux1-dev, libmagick++-
dev, libgconf2-dev, libasound2-dev
dpkg-deb: error: control directory has bad permissions 751 (must be
>=0755 and <=0775)

I tried to remove the whole source directory, set my 'umask 0002', then
redo everything, but get the same result. Then, in desperation, I did

 chmod -R 0755 .

under the whole directory, but I still get the above problem.

Anyone can help?
Thanks!