Re: RFS: s3cmd python module

Hi Jakub,

Please see below...

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 8:21 AM, Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> wrote:
* Robinson Sathaseevan <robinson@sathas.com>, 2013-06-19, 22:43:

1. I'm packaging and testing in wheezy, do I have to be using sid?

Yes, you should be build and test your packages in unstable.

Switched to unstable.

lintian4python appears to be only in experimental.

Indeed.

I added experimental to be able to use this package as well.

2. Should I upgrade packaging to standards version 3.9.4

Yes.

Done.

or can I keep at 3.9.3 while I iron out the current packaging issues?

I'm confused. Why do you want to keep 3.9.3?

Laziness. :) No worries, I upgraded.

3. I have addressed the other concerns you have about d/*. I have yet to test the fixes you provided for upstream and submit them, however, should I patch myself for current package or wait until they are incorporated upstream?

It's up to you.

I have forked upstream git repository. Then I applied the manpage patch. Then I fixed the two pyflakes-undefined-names errors. Did a pull request to get this into main. Until then I created patch in debian for this release. I did not fix the warnings about "except:" usage.

--
Jakub Wilk

New changelog reads as follows. Please let me know if I need to correct any wording (other than of course changing UNRELEASED to experimental):

s3cmd (1.5.0~alpha3-1) UNRELEASED; urgency=low

  [ Jakub Wilk ]
  * Use canonical URIs for Vcs-* fields.

  [ Robinson Sathaseevan ]
  * New upstream release (Closes: #708538):
    - debian/patches: refresh.
  * Add debian/patches/fix-undefined-names.patch due to pyflakes errors.
  * Update package maintainer (Closes: #674916).
  * Compute speed and elapsed time for multipart upload (Closes: #683558).
  * Add new python-tz, python-magic dependencies.
  * Update debian/copyright.
  * debian/rules: overwrite to use upstream NEWS file as changelog.
  * debian/control: Bump Standards-Version, no changes required.

 -- Robinson Sathaseevan <robinson@sathas.com>  Wed, 25 Jun 2013 22:16:22 -0400