Re: how to manage d/changelog for updated but not yet sponsored package

* Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org>, 2012-02-13, 20:07:
I consider uploading the package to ‘mentors.debian.net’ a release of the package, since at that point interested people (e.g. reviewers) can rely on it, and the version should refer uniquely to what I uploaded at that time.

Be aware, though, that some people disagree (on the grounds that it's not a new version until it enters Debian).

I believe that vast majority of sponsors disagree.

Note however that the FTP team does not reject such packages.

What kind of argument is that?

--
Jakub Wilk