Re: how to manage d/changelog for updated but not yet sponsored package

Jerome BENOIT <g6299304p@rezozer.net> writes:

> I want to keep trace of it in the d/changelog by keeping my first
> version entry and adding a second entry. Can I do that ? Will it
> confuse some Debian robots ?

It's fine. I consider uploading the package to ‘mentors.debian.net’ a
release of the package, since at that point interested people (e.g.
reviewers) can rely on it, and the version should refer uniquely to what
I uploaded at that time.

Be aware, though, that some people disagree (on the grounds that it's
not a new version until it enters Debian).

So I'd say: after you've uploaded a version, keep things clear. Make a
new version in ‘debian/changelog’ when you're preparing a new upload.

--
 \      “Contentment is a pearl of great price, and whosoever procures |
  `\        it at the expense of ten thousand desires makes a wise and |