Re: how to manage d/changelog for updated but not yet sponsored package

Le Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 11:53:45AM +0100, Jakub Wilk a écrit :
> * Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au>, 2012-02-13, 13:40:
> >>I want to keep trace of it in the d/changelog by keeping my
> >>first version entry and adding a second entry. Can I do that ?
> >>Will it confuse some Debian robots ?
> >
> >It's fine. I consider uploading the package to
> >‘mentors.debian.net’ a release of the package, since at that point
> >interested people (e.g. reviewers) can rely on it, and the version
> >should refer uniquely to what I uploaded at that time.
> >
> >Be aware, though, that some people disagree (on the grounds that
> >it's not a new version until it enters Debian).
>
> I believe that vast majority of sponsors disagree.

Note however that the FTP team does not reject such packages.

I tend to keep the changelog entries of packages that have been released
outside Debian for the public.  However, I revert all previous “unstable”
entries to “UNRELEASED” to clearly mark that these packages were not in the
Debian archive.

Have a nice day,

Cheers,

--