how to manage d/changelog for updated but not yet sponsored package

Hello List:

I am on the edge to put on m.d.n an updated version of one of my not yet sponsored packages:
since between the two versions the upstream maintainer kindly integrated some patches
that I submitted to him as Debian patches, I want to keep trace of it in the d/changelog
by keeping my first version entry and adding a second entry.
Can I do that ? Will it confuse some Debian robots ?

Thanks in advance,
Jerome