Re: upstream changelog in XML format

Hi !

On 24/01/12 10:30, Rupert Swarbrick wrote:
Jerome BENOIT<g6299304p@rezozer.net>  writes:
Is there a better way to deal with this `Changes.xml' ?
I guess that I can add some stuff in the makefile to convert it in text
format:
do specific tools exist to convert this kind of changelog in text format ?

If I were you, I'd ask upstream about that

I have just sent a couple of questions about it to the upstream maintainer.

If the upstream maintainer is slow to reply, you could always write some
simple xsl to convert this to a text changelog format. I've just scanned
through the file and it looks simple enough... Not sure if this is "too
hands on" for what a packager should be doing though.

Also, presumably upstream has some xsl tools for parsing this, otherwise
they wouldn't be forcing themselves to write so many angle brackets! :-)

Indeed, this xml file is quite human readable.

On the other hand, the upstream maintainer replied within a day,
and he claimed that the new upstream version will be released soon
with Changes written in LaTeX:
so I hurry up to package my stuff in view to send him patches.

Thanks,
Jerome

Rupert