upstream changelog in XML format

Hello List:

I am working on the bibtool package.
The changelog of the upstream package is in XML format and is named `Changes.xml'.

Right now, I manage it by adding an override in the debian/rules file:

override_dh_installchangelogs:
  dh_installchangelogs --keep Changes.xml

Nevertheless, nothing is really done, in particular `Changes.xml' is not converted in text.
I put the `--keep' option because I suspect that this kind of changelog file is a well know
format in some `field' (even if I can not figure out which `field').

Is there a better way to deal with this `Changes.xml' ?
I guess that I can add some stuff in the makefile to convert it in text format:
do specific tools exist to convert this kind of changelog in text format ?

Thanks in advance,
Jerome