Re: Becoming DM [was: Re: Tracking RFSs as bugs]

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 11:09 PM, Michael Tautschnig <mt@debian.org> wrote:
> Could you please be more precise about that last bit? What exactly is hard about
> becoming DM?
>
> I really wish more people applied for DM. Sponsoring the same package more than
> a few times makes little sense in most cases (there are exceptions, and I for
> one are regularly sponsoring at least one such exception).

I think that he really wants to say: it is hard to get a (first)
package into debian. That is not a problem which is solved by becoming
a DM.
I have never faced problems finding sponsors for updates of my package,
and I don't have the impression that it are those packages which don't
find a sponsor.

Apart from that: I haven't applied for DM yet because I still found it
useful that someone reviews my package prior to uploading. Although
one can also argue that that is partly the role of 'unstable'.

Johan