Re: News about the mentors.debian.net transition to upgraded software

On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 03:18:06PM +0200, Alessandro Ghedini wrote:
> Another problem I see, is that if I upload a package (with the same version)
> twice, the second upload gets ignored. Even if I delete the package, and
> then re-upload it, I see only the first upload. The old mentors updated the
> package anyway, without requiring me to change its version.

I can confirm this bug. Today, I first uploaded kbdd package through ftp.
Then, after my upload was processed in next 30 mins, I noticed a
lintian warning about an outdated Standards-Version (it was 3.9.1). I
deleted the package through the web interface, updated the
Standards-Version to 3.9.2 in the package (it was the only change) and
reuploded the package using 'dput -f' with http. The new package was
processed in the system, and there was no lintian warnings anymore,
however, as I just checked, the link

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/k/kbdd/kbdd_0.6-1.dsc

still points to old package!

Seems like the transition to the new system was done in a hurry...

--
Stanislav