News about the mentors.debian.net transition to upgraded software

Hi all debian-mentors people,

The Debexpo code is just about ready for prime-time. We're doing the migration now.

Here's the plans for mentors.debian.net's migration onto newer software called debexpo:

* I'm importing all the data onto expo.debian.net over the next day.

* Once Christoph Haas and I fix the domain names, mentors.debian.net will be running the new software.

What to expect

Here's what to expect, by the end of Thu Aug 11:

* Your mentors.debian.net account (email address + password) will work.

* Your packages that you have uploaded should be available on mentors.debian.net. (Note that this part might actually take longer than one day.)

* If you make suggestions for changes to the site, we (i.e., you) can feasibly implement them, because the code is maintainable.

Possible glitches

If you upload a new package to mentors.debian.net before the end of Thu Aug 11, then your package might get lost. If you find that's the case, just re-upload it.

-- Asheesh.