Re: News about the mentors.debian.net transition to upgraded software

On Thu, 11 Aug 2011, Ben Finney wrote:

Asheesh Laroia <asheesh@asheesh.org> writes:

* I'm importing all the data onto expo.debian.net over the next day.
[…]

Here's what to expect, by the end of Thu Aug 11:

Please note times in UTC, so users around the globe can know when you
mean :-)

Okay!

As of Thu Aug 11 08:47:29 UTC 2011, mentors.debian.net now runs the Debexpo code.

FTP upload should be working. There is a cron job that looks for FTP-based uploads every 30 minutes. This provides compatibility with the /etc/dput.cf that we ship with the dput package.

I do suggest using the HTTP-based upload instead (which the website explains).

* Your mentors.debian.net account (email address + password) will work.

* Your packages that you have uploaded should be available on mentors.debian.net. (Note that this part might actually take longer than one day.)

* If you make suggestions for changes to the site, we (i.e., you) can feasibly implement them, because the code is maintainable.

Thanks for attention to detail and preserving data.

I think the data are all preserved!

-- Asheesh.

P.S. If someone finds that for some reason some of your data seems to not be there, let me know and I will try to figure out what's up.