Re: News about the mentors.debian.net transition to upgraded software

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 04:50:42AM -0400, Asheesh Laroia wrote:
> As of Thu Aug 11 08:47:29 UTC 2011, mentors.debian.net now runs the
> Debexpo code.
>
> FTP upload should be working. There is a cron job that looks for
> FTP-based uploads every 30 minutes. This provides compatibility with
> the /etc/dput.cf that we ship with the dput package.

Aha, this explains why my last upload takes so long to appear on
mentors' website. What was the reason behind such a long interval?
Documentation on the website claims that the newly uploaded packages
should be available for downloads within 30 *seconds*.

> I do suggest using the HTTP-based upload instead (which the website
> explains).

I guess, the HTTP-based method does not have this absurd 30 minutes
long delay... Trying to login and sort things out...

BTW, do I understand right that its impossible to login with https
anymore?

--
Stanislav