Re: RFS: boot-repair

On 12/31/2011 06:41 PM, yannubuntu@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello Alessio,
> Currently this is an optional feature: at start-up a window appears
> asking the user if he wants to update from the PPA . Choice is left to
> the user (Yes/No buttons). Is this forbidden by Debian policy? if yes,
> i will deactivate this window.
>
> Regards,
> Yann
Yann,

I didn't check the Debian policy regarding this issue, but...
Just think about it. We already have software in Gnome to
let us know when there are updates for any software we
use in Debian. Then, why would you need to write something
specific to your own software? The functionality is already
there for all the OS!

Thomas