Re: RFS: boot-repair

* Thomas Goirand <thomas@goirand.fr>, 2011-12-31, 18:38:
I personally don't really mind if you are using "/usr/share/clean" (others may differ here, up to them to voice their concern and explain why), but I really don't think it's needed to ship "clean" as a standalone package.

Yes, "clean" (and "clean-gui") is a very bad name for a package or a /usr/share/ subdirectory.

Let me do a quick review of boot-repair (I didn't check all packages, but it seems this applies to all of them as well).

Please follow the guidelines available here for your python things:
http://wiki.debian.org/Python/TransitionToDHPython2

Since your package is using a setup.py, shouldn't you build-depends on python-setuptools Or ispython-distutils-extra enough?

None of them is being used.

To me, you should also do: --with python2 in your debian/rules.

Why? AFAICS the package has nothing to do with Python, except that is uses distutils as a build system.

When building, I got a bunch of the below output, and this for all dh_helper called by the dh 8 sequencer:
Unknown option: buildsystem

So your thing here doesn't work:
export DH_OPTIONS=--buildsystem=python_distutils

It does work well (though it does cause warnings, and it'll break in compat >=8). The more standard way to pass --buildsystem option would be something like:

	dh $@ --buildsystem=python_distutils

However, in this case, dh_auto_* will detected the buildsystem automatically, so you can omit this option as well.

please use the normal --with python2

"--with=python2" is completely orthogonal to "--buildsystem=python_distutils".

--
Jakub Wilk