Re: RFS: boot-repair

2011/12/31 Alessio Treglia <alessio@debian.org>
Hi,

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 4:47 PM, yannubuntu@gmail.com
<yannubuntu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Reason is that Boot-Repair allows to update its packages and
> librairies at start-up, but not the packages of Os-Uninstaller and
> Clean-Ubiquity.

Please keep in mind that, as per Debian's policy, no program is
allowed to update itself the way you mean!
When it needs to update, we'll upload a new revision of the package.

Cheers!

Hello Alessio,
Currently this is an optional feature: at start-up a window appears asking the user if he wants to update from the PPA . Choice is left to the user (Yes/No buttons). Is this forbidden by Debian policy? if yes, i will deactivate this window.

Regards,
Yann