Re: How to suppress expected lintian warnings?

Quoting Alexander Reichle-Schmehl <alexander@schmehl.info>:

Others already commented on the lintian warning thing, however looking
at your package it doesn't qualify for main; as long as it downloads
some stuff it qualifies at most contrib, your changelog doesn't actually
describe your changes, you seem to install a copy of the GPL, and you
use md5sums, which are considered weak, so please use stronger checksums.

I actually thought I was required to include a copy of the GPL, but removing it is easy. :)

I'm building the package by simply issuing "debuild," with no options. This seems to provide both md5, sha1, and sha256 checksums. Are you suggesting I should try to get rid of the md5sums entirely (if so, how), or did I misunderstand you?

--
Ole Wolf
Rødhættevej 4 * 9400 Nørresundby