Re: How to suppress expected lintian warnings?

Hi!

Am 24.11.2011 12:51, schrieb Ole Wolf:
> I'm getting some lintian warnings on one of my packages (at
> http://mentors.debian.net/package/nemid):
]..]
> The reason is quite evident: the nemid package doesn't include a
> library; instead, the postinst and postrm scripts download a library
> from an external web page and call ldconfig afterwards. Lintian
> obviously can't know that a library is being installed and removed,
> hence the warning.

Uhm...

Others already commented on the lintian warning thing, however looking
at your package it doesn't qualify for main; as long as it downloads
some stuff it qualifies at most contrib, your changelog doesn't actually
describe your changes, you seem to install a copy of the GPL, and you
use md5sums, which are considered weak, so please use stronger checksums.

Best regards,
  Alexander