Re: Please try expo.debian.net -- a replacement for mentors.debian.net

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011, Julian Mehnle wrote:

Asheesh Laroia wrote:

If there are any others, let me know. Otherwise, about 24 hours from
now, I plan to ask signum if we can turn mentors.debian.net off, and
make it a debexpo instance.

That will mean losing the existing uploaded packages. But I think
that's not such a huge loss.

Don't do that.  Such actions tend to piss off a significant portion of the
users.  Someone may *just* have spent half a day figuring m.d.n out,
creating an account, and uploading their packages.  Not saying m.d.n
shouldn't go away, but don't treat people's work as if it was worthless
("not such a huge loss", meaning "not worth my time to migrate the
data").

I can totally see what you mean. Point taken, and a change of plan:

Any migration of mentors.debian.net to expo.debian.net will retain the package and user data. Thank you for making this clear to me.

-- Asheesh.