Re: Please try expo.debian.net -- a replacement for mentors.debian.net

Asheesh Laroia wrote:

> If there are any others, let me know. Otherwise, about 24 hours from
> now, I plan to ask signum if we can turn mentors.debian.net off, and
> make it a debexpo instance.
>
> That will mean losing the existing uploaded packages. But I think
> that's not such a huge loss.

Don't do that.  Such actions tend to piss off a significant portion of the
users.  Someone may *just* have spent half a day figuring m.d.n out,
creating an account, and uploading their packages.  Not saying m.d.n
shouldn't go away, but don't treat people's work as if it was worthless
("not such a huge loss", meaning "not worth my time to migrate the
data").

Just some advice based on experience.

-Julian