Re: Request for sponsor: mactelnet

On 1 May 2011 20:45, Fernando Lemos <fernandotcl@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/5/1 Håkon Nessjøen <haakon.nessjoen@gmail.com>:
>> On 1 May 2011 03:08, Fernando Lemos <fernandotcl@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I don't know what you mean about splitting the patches, but if you are
>> talking about the doc changes, they will be added upstream instead.
>
> What I mean is you currently have one big patch that does a lot of
> things. Instead, you should ideally have many small patches that do
> individual things (fixing specific bugs, implementing specific
> additional functionality). If you're doing those changes upstream,
> though, it's even easier, just get rid of the patches when you're
> done.

Yes, I just do it upstream. So there is no patches outside debian/.
I've done it now. You could check the files again if you want. I've
splitted the source into two packages now. mactelnet-client and
mactelnet-server.

> In DEP-3, the "Origin" field allows you to point to an upstream
> commit. Say you release 0.3, then find a minor issue and patch it
> upstream. You can package 0.3 in Debian and add a patch that points to
> that specific upstream patch through the Origin field:

I will look at this if I would add patches outside releases. Thanks!

--
Regards,
Håkon Nessjøen