Re: RFS: volumeicon

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 6:31 PM, Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> Upstream doesn't have any sort of version control for this project. A quick Googling suggests that this is, however, for version control on the Debian site, which is neat. However, it looks like only DD's get accounts on collab-maint. Should I go ahead and include the git link, then ask my future sponsor to turn on the repository?
>
> You can have it created for you -- I'm not sure ( now that I think
> about it ) if you need the package uploaded or not to have it made.
> Worth looking into ( your future sponsor will let you know ;) ) for
> sure.

You can get access to the collab-maint git repo without being a DD.
Get a public alioth account (one with -guest appended onto a user
name), upload your ssh key, and then apply for membership with the
collab-maint team [1]. Your ssh key that you upload to alioth will get
you onto alioth.debian.org. From their you can get to the git repo and
set one up for your project [2]. The wiki at [2] has great
instructions on how to do that.

Cheers,
Scott

[1] https://alioth.debian.org/projects/collab-maint/