Re: RFS: volumeicon

I'm not a DD, no sponsorship here! :)

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 5:07 PM, Andrew Gainer <gainer.andrew@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "volumeicon".
>
> * Package name    : volumeicon
>  Version         : 0.3.0-1
>  Upstream Author : Maato (I have contacted upstream to see if he has a preferred name, but have not yet heard back)
> * URL             : http://www.softwarebakery.com/maato/volumeicon.html
> * License         : GPLv3
>  Section         : sound
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> volumeicon - systray volume icon for alsa

> The upload would fix these bugs: 586522
>
> My motivation for maintaining this package is: although there are volume-control applets for several of the major panels already in Debian, nothing is available for Tint2 (my panel of choice) and other more bare-bones panel systems. Volumeicon sits in the system tray and is panel-agnostic, so it provides this functionality for those who don't use one of the major panels.

> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/v/volumeicon/volumeicon_0.3.0-1.dsc

> Thanks!
> -- Andrew Gainer

debian/rules
  I'd remove all the extra comments from the top.
  You can make that file three lines long :)

debian/copyright
  Consider switching to DEP5

patches/fix-oss-reference.patch
  Consider using DEP3
  Why are you including this patch? It looks like if the
  system does not support OSS, it won't use it. Is there
  a bug with the detection?

debian/control
  Please wrap your lines at 80 on the build-depends, it's
  perfectly OK to do that, just bump it in :)

  consider using the Vcs-* control fields, they are quite helpful
  to people looking at the package, or apt-get source folks.
  Also, the PTS picks up on it, which is nice.

  The Suggests line is also for applications that work well with this
  package, not applications that do similar things. I'd remove that line
  ( unless of course, volumeicon may use those in some way, in which
  case it's OK to keep ).

My internet is quite nasty right now, I'll run the build and lintian
when I have a moment on my netbook later in the day ( if no one else
gets back )

Cheers!
Paul

P.S. I recall someone wanting this package in Debian a while back,
thanks for doing it!

--
All programmers are playwrights, and all computers are lousy actors.

#define sizeof(x) rand()
:wq