Re: RFS: libchart-php

Daniel Lombraña González wrote:
> > You should document the changes introduced by
> > debian/patches/debian-changes-1.2.2-1, and avoid creating example files
> > in that patch (simply put the files somewhere in debian/, and install
> > them from there). Also, make sure you forward those changes upstream if
> > relevant.
>
> That was my fault. I deleted from the original software the examples.
> Those files are directly provided by the upstream author, so I have
> rebuilt the package, removing those files as patches, and including
> them in the orig.tar.gz package.

Great, it's much better now.

> I have documented those changes in the file README.Debian. I don't
> know if I should include that information in other file. Please, let
> me know if this is OK or not.

Well, it seems to me that this information is better suited for the
patch header and the changelog (I want to know about that when I'm
looking at the patch, but as an end-user reading the installed
README.Debian, I don't really care; it won't change how I use the
package).

Cheers,

--
Benoît Knecht