Re: RFS: libchart-php

Daniel Lombraña González wrote:
> 2011/2/8 Benoît Knecht <benoit.knecht@fsfe.org>:
> > Lintian reports a few issues that you should address:
> >
> >  W: libchart-php source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.8.0 (current is 3.9.1)
> >  I: libchart-php: description-synopsis-might-not-be-phrased-properly
> >  I: libchart-php: extended-description-is-probably-too-short
>
> I have fixed those lintian errors.

Could you also add a working debian/watch file?

> > And your debian/changelog entry is incomplete, you should have a bug
> > number in the "(Closes: #nnnn)" part (submit a bug against wnpp if you
> > didn't already, see http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/ ).
>
> I have created a bug
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=612615 for the
> package. So now the changelog is corrected.

You forgot to update the date in the changelog, so it looks like if the
time continuum was broken (as if the bug number was put in the changelog
before the bug even existed).

> Please, let me know if I need to fix something else of the package.

You should document the changes introduced by
debian/patches/debian-changes-1.2.2-1, and avoid creating example files
in that patch (simply put the files somewhere in debian/, and install
them from there). Also, make sure you forward those changes upstream if
relevant.

Cheers,

--
Benoît Knecht