Re: RFS: libchart-php

2011/2/10 Benoît Knecht <benoit.knecht@fsfe.org>:
> Daniel Lombraña González wrote:
>> 2011/2/8 Benoît Knecht <benoit.knecht@fsfe.org>:
>> > Lintian reports a few issues that you should address:
>> >
>> >  W: libchart-php source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.8.0 (current is 3.9.1)
>> >  I: libchart-php: description-synopsis-might-not-be-phrased-properly
>> >  I: libchart-php: extended-description-is-probably-too-short
>> I have fixed those lintian errors.
> Could you also add a working debian/watch file?

>> > And your debian/changelog entry is incomplete, you should have a bug
>> > number in the "(Closes: #nnnn)" part (submit a bug against wnpp if you
>> > didn't already, see http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/ ).
>> I have created a bug
>> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=612615 for the
>> package. So now the changelog is corrected.
> You forgot to update the date in the changelog, so it looks like if the
> time continuum was broken (as if the bug number was put in the changelog
> before the bug even existed).

Fixed :)

>> Please, let me know if I need to fix something else of the package.
> You should document the changes introduced by
> debian/patches/debian-changes-1.2.2-1, and avoid creating example files
> in that patch (simply put the files somewhere in debian/, and install
> them from there). Also, make sure you forward those changes upstream if
> relevant.

That was my fault. I deleted from the original software the examples.
Those files are directly provided by the upstream author, so I have
rebuilt the package, removing those files as patches, and including
them in the orig.tar.gz package. I have documented those changes in
the file README.Debian. I don't know if I should include that
information in other file. Please, let me know if this is OK or not.