Re: RFS: python-gearman

Hi Oxan,

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 16:08, Oxan van Leeuwen <oxan@oxanvanleeuwen.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 08-02-11 15:51, Sandro Tosi wrote:
>>
>> Sorry I didn't noticed first: you can remove also "XB-Python-Version:
>> ${python:Versions}" from d/control
>
> I've removed the XB-Python-Version from d/control. Just out of curiousity,
> do you have any pointers to a current policy regarding these fields? I can
> only find old ones that are a bit conflicting.

the python policy: /usr/share/doc/python/python-policy.txt.gz od the
other formats in the same dir

> Btw, I get two warnings from
> dpkg now when building the packages:
> warning: package python-gearman: unused substitution variable
> ${python:Versions}
> warning: package python-gearman: unused substitution variable
> ${python:Provides}

don't worry about them: they say the variable is empty, so I'm not
going to write a field with no value; that's fine, because if for some
transition or so we need to populate those variables, they are already
there, but for now, they serves nothing, so they are also harmless.

>> Just a sanity check: the short descr say this package is an interface
>> to the Gearman libs, but no depends on any gearman package is in
>> d/control; what I'm not getting? :)
>
> That's correct, this is actually a pure Python implementation of the Gearman
> protocol and doesn't use libgearman. I've updated the description a bit to
> be more clear about that.

thanks.

Given I found nothing else to delay... I uploaded your package! Thanks
for your work in Debian!

Cheers,