Re: RFS: python-gearman

Hi Oxan,

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 18:23, Oxan van Leeuwen <oxan@oxanvanleeuwen.nl> wrote:
> I have joined the Debian Python modules

That's great, thanks!

> team and imported the package, along
> with some fixes for the documentation and the necessary debian/control
> changes, into their SVN repository.

you decided to put the team in Uploaders: do you understand what it
means (for DPMT) ? (it's just a check ;)

> A exported version of the package is
> available at mentors.debian.net (it's just the result of svn-buildpackage
> -S):

you don't need to upload to mentors when in DPMT, we only look at SVN
and orig tarball.

Here are some comments:

debian/control
- I'd remove 'Provides: ${python:Provides}'

debian/copyright
- ehm:
Files: debian/*
Copyright: 2010, 2011, Oxan van Leeuwen <oxan@oxanvanleeuwen.nl>
License: Apache-2 or GPL-2+

either stay with apache-2 or with gpl2+: what's the need for this
uncertainty and the possible dual licensing for debian packaging code?
(hint: i'd go with the same license of upstream code, less legal issue
in case of patching and so).
- can you please specify where did you find the 2011 copyright for
upstream code? I can only see LICENSE.txt containing the 2010. Also,
can you please ask upsteram author to put a real name & email in
copyright notice? It's not a must but a nice to have :)

debian/patches/01_include_docs_conf
- ask upstream to add teh file to the manifest, so it will be included
in the next tarball
- you could upload to experimental, where sphinx >= 1 is alive and
kicking - what would you do?

debian/rules
- don't call 'make' directly but use '$(MAKE)' instead
- 'cd docs && make html' can be converted in '$(MAKE) -C docs html'
- why don't you call '$(MAKE) -C docs clean' instead of rm-ing the dir?
- why you don't install .js files? ok, they should not be shipped in
the binary package but a link to libjs-query files instead, but you're
not making it either.

Feel free to contact me after you've looked into those points, or ask
clarification if they're not clear enough

Cheers,