Re: RFS: tomb

hi Benoît,

thanks for your review!

i've packed a new upstream version of tomb and packaged it with some
mentored corrections. it is now lintian clean and can be attained
from http://apt.dyne.org/debian

  deb http://apt.dyne.org/debian stable main

here below i'll reply to a few standing issues:

thanks, this was explained to me also by another mentor (antonio@dyne)

> I would also change your Recommends to a Suggests [1].
>
> [1] http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-relationships.html#s-binarydeps

done. i'm also reviewing dependencies trying to put gksu (and several
consequent gnome stuff) in Suggests

> Another suggestion: since DEP-5 [2] is probably going to become
> policy, it's recommended to use this format for the debian/copyright
> file in new packages.
> [2] http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/

i've read DEP-5 with interest. i find it a very good improvement to
the present system! looking forward to use it in future. i guess is
working with quilt 3.0 and git-buildpackage? that's what i'm happily
using..

> Also, your debian/patches/debian-changes-0.9.1-1 patch is creating
> several files, and making a bunch of other changes; since you're
> upstream, it doesn't seem like it's intended.

i believe you are talking about the diff that git-buildpackage
generates against my "debian-orig0" branch? that is done automatically
and i'm comfortably storing some modifications to the master branch
which i do only for debian (like installation of menu files from
configure rather than from "dirty" shellscripts)

> Finally, "licensecheck -r tomb-0.9.1" reports some missing or
> incomplete copyright headers; as upstream you can easily fix those.

i've tried licensecheck myself, but it keeps reporting missing license
in .c files where the license is actually included in the header
comment.

i suspect the error consists in the fact licensecheck doesn't
tolerates change in spaces and justification of default license texts,
since i'm frequently using the emacs justification on text in files.

i guess licensecheck should be enhanced to be more fexible..  besides
that, all files in distributed tomb upstream and debian package have a
license notice.

> In debian/dirs, you're instructing debhelper to create a usr/sbin
> directory, but I guess you're not installing any file in it.

that was it! fixed :)

thanks,
ciao

- --
jaromil, dyne.org developer, http://jaromil.dyne.org

GPG: B2D9 9376 BFB2 60B7 601F  5B62 F6D3 FBD9 C2B6 8E39