Re: RFS: Cool Reader

Dear Vadim,

On 02/02/2011 07:33 AM, buggins@fromru.com wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "cr3" (Cool Reader 3).
>
>   Package name    : cr3
>   Version         : 3.0.43-2
>   License         : GPL

You should state the version of the GPL that you are using.

> It builds these binary packages:
> cr3 - e-book reader

As I very recently bought a Nokia N900 and the current ebook readers are very,
very slow with some books that I purchased from O'Reilly, I am "on the market"
for an alternative and yours sounds promising.

But you, perhaps, forgot to include the debian.tar.gz file that contains the
packaging itself:

> http://sourceforge.net/projects/crengine/files/CoolReader3/cr3-3.0.43/cr3_3.
> 0.43.orig.tar.gz/download
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/crengine/files/CoolReader3/cr3-3.0.43/cr3_3.
> 0.43-2.dsc/download
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/crengine/files/CoolReader3/cr3-3.0.43/cr3_3.
> 0.43-2_i386.changes/download
(...)

As another point that the potential sponsors would, perhaps, want to know is the
language in which the program was written, because many have restrictions to
some languages.

A quick glance at the git repository that you informed shows that it is written
in C++.

That being said, cppcheck issues a lot of warnings and some errors regarding the
code in the crengine subdirectory of your git tree, which I didn't investigate
further:

[./include/lvpagesplitter.h:79]: (error) Common realloc mistake: "_list" nulled
but not freed upon failure
[./include/lvpagesplitter.h:89]: (error) Common realloc mistake: "_list" nulled
but not freed upon failure
[./include/lvpagesplitter.h:101]: (error) Common realloc mistake: "_list" nulled
but not freed upon failure
[./include/lvtinydom.h:1088]: (error) Memory leak: ldomXPointer::_data

Removing some of the checks for null pointers before deallocation would,
perhaps, make the application smaller (and easier to fit in the memory of cell
phones etc).

--
Rogério Brito : rbrito@{ime.usp.br,gmail.com} : GPG key 4096R/BCFCAAAA
http://rb.doesntexist.org : Packages for LaTeX : algorithms.berlios.de