Re: RFS: downtimed

Hi Mats,

On Dienstag, 8. Februar 2011, Mats Erik Andersson wrote:
> > - you have a build-dep on debhelper (>= 7.0.50~), which is not in the
> > archive. I assume this is intentional?!
> The use of an override target using debhelper is functional
> as of version 7.0.50~. This is clearly stated in the manual
> page and this dependency has become a semi-habit, since I have
> been able to observe the migration of debhelper this past year.

I understand, but you can consider it as useless cruft which you'll have to
remove some day anyway. But keep it if you like! 8-)

(Do you really expect backports to pure lenny? lenny-backports already has
debhelper 8.0.0~)

> > - did you send your three patches upstream?
> See the stanza "Forwarded": yes. I am in contact with the
> upstream author ever since my corrections to version 0.3,
> when I coded the porting to OpenBSD and GNU/kFreeBSD.

Ah, cool!

> > - the initscript could maybe go with a copyright header...
> So many initscripts are working without such an attribution
> that I ignored it. If you mean it should be there, then I will
> insert a minimal punch line.

Well, it's debatable if it contains enough significant bits (I believe it
does, but IANAL), but it doesnt hurt and the skeleton initscript does contain
a copyright.

(I really don't care that much one way or the other. But this is mentors,
right? So I try to make you think ;-P

> I will do the small corrections, upload again, and let
> the new packaging be known.

Did you upload yet?

> My appreciation of your diligent scrutiny!

:-)

cheers,
	Holger