Re: RFS: downtimed

tisdag den  8 februari 2011 klockan 18:01 skrev Holger Levsen detta:
> Hi Mats,
>
> On Dienstag, 8. Februar 2011, Mats Erik Andersson wrote:
> > http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/downtimed/downtimed_0.4-1.dsc
>
> my comments:
>
> - you have a build-dep on debhelper (>= 7.0.50~), which is not in the archive.
> I assume this is intentional?!

The use of an override target using debhelper is functional
as of version 7.0.50~. This is clearly stated in the manual
page and this dependency has become a semi-habit, since I have
been able to observe the migration of debhelper this past year.

> - did you send your three patches upstream?

See the stanza "Forwarded": yes. I am in contact with the
upstream author ever since my corrections to version 0.3,
when I coded the porting to OpenBSD and GNU/kFreeBSD.

> - "# Do we want to go? " is strange english (says the German..)
> in /etc/defaul/downtimed, I would probably just shorten the whole line to '#
> Set to "Yes" or "yes" or not.'  :-)

A contamination of two statements "We have a Go!" (aereonautics)
and "Do we want to go ahead?". Will be changed.

> - the initscript could maybe go with a copyright header...

So many initscripts are working without such an attribution
that I ignored it. If you mean it should be there, then I will
insert a minimal punch line.

> - nice work!
>
> Do you want to correct some things or should I upload?

I will do the small corrections, upload again, and let
the new packaging be known.

> cheers,
> 	Holger

My appreciation of your diligent scrutiny!

Best regards
  Mats E A