Re: RFS: daisy-player (next try, new upstream version)

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 06, 2011 at 08:42:55PM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Paul Gevers, le Sun 06 Feb 2011 20:11:10 +0100, a écrit :
> > I have updated the package with the latest upstream release which fixes
> > the issues mentioned above.
>
> Ok, uploaded, it should appear soon in the new queue!
> http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html
> Note that it's quite long, so it'll take quite some time before your
> package gets into unstable.
>
> There's just a pedantic issue here:
>
> daisy-player.c:532: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 2 has type ‘long int’
> daisy-player.c:534: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 2 has type ‘long int
>
> This will show up on 64bit architectures (watch for them on
> http://buildd.debian.org/daisy-player), in this precise case it seems to
> have minor effect (just a potentially bogus debugging output in some
> cases), so it's fine for now, but you should notify upstream about it.

There is a usability issue in version 6.1.1. When starting with
LANG=de_DE@euro, daisy-player uses incorrect floatingpoint notation
(1,0000 instead of 1.0000), which keeps it from playing any files, sox
therefore bails out with an error message concerning the speed setting.

I don't know if other languages are affected by this too, but
daisy-player currently is not working in german language at all.

I already notified upstream.

Regards
-Klaus Knopper