Re: RFS: daisy-player (next try, new upstream version)

Hi Samuel and other readers,

Thanks for your review. I was away for a week so it took me some time to
respond.

Upstream released several newer versions taking most comments into
account. I comment below on earlier issues for completeness.

On 01/30/11 17:15, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> - daisy-player.desktop changes should be forwarded upstream.

Done, and included in the latest release (still needs a typo patch thou).

> - you should ask upstream to remove -s from LDLIBS, and rather use
>   install -s instead. Bonus: when building without installing, you have
>   the debugging symbols.

Forwarding done (in the mean time I patch the Makefile to not use the -s).

> - you should ask upstream to use a -DPREFIX=/usr/local instead of
>   hardcoding it.

Forwarding done. I thought about this before, but I preferred that he
fixed other issues first.

> - you can detect the list of locales by using
>
> LST1:=$(wildcard daisy-player.*.po)
> LST2:=$(patsubst daisy-player.%.po,%,$(LST1))

Great tip, included in the current version.

>> Known issues (comments welcome):
>> - I have asked upstream to add license and copyright notices to the
>> translation files.
>
> Indeed, that's missing. Do you know if the notices are just missing and
> debian/copyright is actually accurate already?

Upstream has added the notices. My d/copyright was already accurate.

>> - I have asked upstream to move the .daisy-player.rc file to the already
>> existing .daisy-player directory.
>
> I don't see this?

The file is created when you run daisy-player, so it is not present in
the packaging. Upstream didn't respond to this request yet.

>> - Upstream ships the icons in a zipped tar file. Should I ask him to
>> ship them directly (in a sub-directory for instance) or is unzipping at
>> build time also fine?
>
> Is there really a reason for them to ship it in a tarball? If not,
> they'd rather just unpack it. Else it's not too bad to have it as a
> tarball.

It is now unpacked in the upstream tarball.

>> - Get an agreement with upstream on the description of daisy-player in
>> the desktop and manual file.
>
> I guess it is related with my comment above.

Upstream uses my description, so: done.

> The only barring point is whether debian/copyright has proper
> information for the translation files. The rest should be OK for a first
> upload.

Good to hear.

I have updated the package with the latest upstream release which fixes
the issues mentioned above. Available from mentors and alioth:
main contrib non-free
- dget
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/daisy-player/daisy-player_6.1.1-1.dsc
- git://git.debian.org/pkg-a11y/daisy-player.git
- git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/pkg-a11y/daisy-player.git
- https://alioth.debian.org/anonscm/git/pkg-a11y/daisy-player.git

With kind regards (and hoping on an upload finally)
Paul