Re: RFS: xpdf (updated package)

Hi there.

On Jun 21 2010, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 01:05:57 -0300 Rogério Brito wrote:
> > * Would you consider including the latest versin of the zooming patch
> >   that I sent you?
>
> Where is that at?  Has it been well-tested?  The previous zoom patch
> broke a bunch of other things, and I've disabled it for now.  If this
> new version has been sufficiently tested, I will consider it.

Please, notice that I am not talking about the zoom to fit, height or
anything else. I am talking about higher zoom factors, that I posted here:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=10;filename=flexibilize-zoom-levels.patch;att=1;bug=580495

It was one of the first things that I did as soon as I started hacking
on xpdf. It is quite stable and should also work with vanilla xpdf.

> > * minor thing: since we are not shipping a library, there isn't a very
> >   strict requirement of the transitional binary packages be steplocked
> >   with the main binary. Therefore, the binary:Version substitution
> >   variable could be relaxed to source:Version (there won't be a problem
> >   with binNMU's).
>
> I tried a couple ways of doing this, and they all resulted in lintian
> errors; whereas the current approach doesn't, so I'm sticking with it.
> A patch is welcome.

I just went ahead and changed things on the package at collab-maint. I
did not include my patch above, though, since I want you to see it (but
I am using it and it works well).

> Thanks for your review!

You're welcome.

Regards,