Re: RFS: procserv

Ralph Lange writes:

Hi,

> On Sat 02 Jan 2010 3:42:49 George Danchev wrote:
> > Good. There are some minor nuisances left, non of them critical, but I'd
> > guess it would be kind of a shame to upload a simple package like that
> > with these left in place:
> >
> > dh_testroot
> > rmdir build
> > rmdir: failed to remove `build': No such file or directory
> > make: [cleanbuilddir] Error 1 (ignored)
> > /usr/bin/make  -C build  -k distclean
> > make: *** build: No such file or directory.  Stop.
> > make: [makefile-clean] Error 2 (ignored)
> >
> > ... and later:
> >
> > configure: creating ./config.status
> > mv: cannot stat `Makefile.in': No such file or directory
> > mv: cannot stat `Makefile.Automake.in': No such file or directory
> >
> > I didn't actually dig into them, but in my impression just using just
> > debhelper + dh would be enough, e.g. simpler and sufficient, though I
> > don't want to impose my personal view with these decisions.
>
> Issue found and fixed:
> CDBS starts doing semi-weird things if you set the build directory to
> something else that the default (current dir). Just leaving the default
> did the trick. One warning remains: the package build runs "make
> distclean" at the beginning, but in an autotools package the Makefile
> does not exist at that time. (Any subsequent builds don't show the
> warning.) I guess there's no way around that issue.

oh, this is #441020 and it is well below your feet, indeed. You can still make
your (and your sponsor's) life easier, but doing it the hard way is also an
option ;-) To give you an impression: cdbs is like putting square tyres to a
BMW, then you put it on your back and run with it, since there is no other way
out... hint: eventually you may want to drop these tyres, since they are
making you tired.

> Thanks for pointing me to Alioth. I created an account, hosted my
> packaging repo, and added matching Vcs-* fields to the control file.
>
> I also added a watch file pointing to the upstream download area on SF.
>
> New locations:
> main contrib non-free
> - dget
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/procserv/procserv_2.5.0-5.dsc
>
> So ... do you think we're getting closer? ;-)

Uploaded. Thanks!

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB <people.fccf.net/danchev/key pgp.mit.edu>