Re: RFS: procserv

Ralph Lange writes:
> Hi,

> Turned out that a build-gone-wild had messed up my build directory and
> my cleanup was incomplete. Everything's nice when done in a clean
> environment: no Makefile, no .deps remain.
> I removed the .hg* stuff (inherited from upstream repo, it's actually
> not in the tarball).

Good. There are some minor nuisances left, non of them critical, but I'd guess
it would be kind of a shame to upload a simple package like that with these
left in place:

dh_testroot
rmdir build
rmdir: failed to remove `build': No such file or directory
make: [cleanbuilddir] Error 1 (ignored)
/usr/bin/make  -C build  -k distclean
make: *** build: No such file or directory.  Stop.
make: [makefile-clean] Error 2 (ignored)

... and later:

configure: creating ./config.status
mv: cannot stat `Makefile.in': No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `Makefile.Automake.in': No such file or directory

I didn't actually dig into them, but in my impression just using just
debhelper + dh would be enough, e.g. simpler and sufficient, though I don't want
to impose my personal view with these decisions.

> I will add the Vcs-* tags when the repo I'm doing the packaging in is
> publicly available. (Do you have a suggestion where to put it? I'm using
> darcs right now, but could switch.)

I'd refrain from recommending which VCS to use, but in case you don't have a
handy public place you can have a look at (for almost any kind of VCS):
http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/FAQ
(item 4)

> I added Suggests: telnet.

Okay.

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB <people.fccf.net/danchev/key pgp.mit.edu>