Re: RFS: procserv

On Sat 02 Jan 2010 3:42:49 George Danchev wrote:
Good. There are some minor nuisances left, non of them critical, but I'd guess it would be kind of a shame to upload a simple package like that with these left in place:

dh_testroot rmdir build rmdir: failed to remove `build': No such file or directory make: [cleanbuilddir] Error 1 (ignored) /usr/bin/make -C build -k distclean make: *** build: No such file or directory. Stop. make: [makefile-clean] Error 2 (ignored)
... and later:

configure: creating ./config.status mv: cannot stat `Makefile.in': No such file or directory mv: cannot stat `Makefile.Automake.in': No such file or directory I didn't actually dig into them, but in my impression just using just debhelper + dh would be enough, e.g. simpler and sufficient, though I don't want to impose my personal view with these decisions.

Issue found and fixed:
CDBS starts doing semi-weird things if you set the build directory to something else that the default (current dir). Just leaving the default did the trick. One warning remains: the package build runs "make distclean" at the beginning, but in an autotools package the Makefile does not exist at that time. (Any subsequent builds don't show the warning.) I guess there's no way around that issue.

Thanks for pointing me to Alioth. I created an account, hosted my packaging repo, and added matching Vcs-* fields to the control file.

I also added a watch file pointing to the upstream download area on SF.

New locations:
- Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/procserv/procserv_2.5.0-5.dsc

So ... do you think we're getting closer? ;-)

Thanks a lot for all your help!
Ralph