Re: RFS: daisy-player

Hi Paul,

Paul Gevers wrote:
> Thanks for the review.

And thanks for your work on this package.

> [...]
>
> I will upload a new version, but as I understand it (please tell me if I
> am wrong) upstream needs to fix his license header before I can do that
> with any hope for uploading.

I'd say yes, although in this case the file seems to have a valid free
license and is distributable; still, I think it's best to clarify which
version of the GPL applies and not make assumptions about that.

> (For future fixes do you prefer to have the debian version incremented
> or the initial -1?)

Well I'm not a DD, so take my advice with a grain of salt, but my
preference is to increase the debian version every time I make a new
version of the package public; this way, it's always clear which version
is being reviewed, and it avoids having different versions of a package
with the same version number floating around. It makes even more sense
if you're using git, because you don't want to move your tags when you
make a new release; you should just create a new tag corresponding to a
new version number.

That being said, I don't think there is any rule forcing you to do that
one way or the other, and I know some people prefer increasing the
debian version only for versions entering the archive.

Cheers,

--
Benoît Knecht