Re: RFS: daisy-player

Hi Paul,

Paul Gevers wrote:
> I am looking for a reviewer and sponsor for my package "daisy-player".
>
> * Package name    : daisy-player
>   Version         : 5.3.1-1
>   Upstream Author : Jos Lemmens <jos@jlemmens.nl>
> * URL             : http://web.inter.nl.net/users/lemmensj/
> * License         : GPL-2
>   Section         : sound
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> daisy-player - player for DAISY Digital Talking Books
> daisy-player-dbg - daisy-player debugging symbols

I've not tested the program (I don't have any DAISY media), but I have a
few comments about the packaging:

 - In debian/copyright, you need a standalone License section for the
   GPL-2+, and the short name for the GPL version 2 is GPL-2 (see
   http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/dep/web/deps/dep5.mdwn?op=file&rev=135).

 - Read debian/README.source :)

 - Your debian/watch file does not work.

 - This is not really about packaging, but I think it's worth mentioning
   anyway. I find the man page a bit confusing is the way it lists the
   "keyboard commands" (is there not a better term for that, BTW):
   they're all preceded by a dash, which gives the impression they're
   command line options.
   And the second paragraph of the DESCRIPTION section contains a few
   underlined words that shouldn't be (or it should use the exact same
   syntax as in the SYNOPSIS section).
   I also think it's best to stick with the section names defined in
   man-pages(7) (that is, make SCREEN and KEYBOARD COMMANDS subsections
   of DESCRIPTION).

 - The license header in daisy-player.c doesn't say which version of the
   GPL applies (whereas debian/copyright says it's GPL-2+) and the FSF
   address is wrong (you can use the licensecheck utility to check the
   license headers).
   Also, what is copyright information about error.mp3 doing there?

Cheers,

--
Benoît Knecht