Re: RFS: logtop a realtime log line rate analyzer

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Salvatore Bonaccorso <carnil@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi Julien

Hi Salvatore, I just re-uploaded my packages, fixing things you
pointed to me, thank you to have spent time reviewing my package !

> [...]
>  - debian/changelog: For first uploads you shoult close an ITP Bug,
>   so close #605904.

I Just done it, but as it was not written in the New Debian Maintainer
Guide, should I notify someone to add it ?

>  - Is it possible to add some more detailed long description in
>   debian/control?

Just done !

>  - debian/rules: Remove the comments which are not needed.

My bad ... just done !

>  - As you are upstream: Add if possible an upstream Changelog

I added the git changelog to the CHANGELOG file, i dont found any help
on the Debian New Maintainer Guide on the best practice, just found
that i dont have to merge it with the debian/changelog, does i took
the right way ?

>  - Would be great if it is also possible to monitor new usptream
>   versions, and so add a debian/watch file

I done it : http://githubredir.debian.net/github/JulienPalard/logtop/
(.*).tar.gz
And I created the v0.1 tag to my git repository. I am right ?

>  - debian/rules: As you are not using override targets, debhelper (>= 7) should be enough.

OK, done

> Checking with lintian gives some more hints:

My lintian check : "lintian -i -I --show-overrides
logtop_0.1-1_amd64.changes" didn't gave me anything, how can I have
the verbose output you have ?

Hope this version is better !

--
Julien Palard