Re: RFS: logtop a realtime log line rate analyzer

On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 07:39:09PM +0100, Julien Palard wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Salvatore Bonaccorso <carnil@debian.org> wrote:
[...]
> >  - debian/changelog: For first uploads you shoult close an ITP Bug,
> >   so close #605904.
>
> I Just done it, but as it was not written in the New Debian Maintainer
> Guide, should I notify someone to add it ?

I recently read the Debian New Maintainer's Guide, an I think it's
already there, read section 4.3 ...
It Might not look mandatory to close an ITP, but on the other hand
if you read section 2.1, the need to do an ITP is explained. Then it
becomes relatively clear to me that closing it is the way to go...
What do you think ?

> >  - Is it possible to add some more detailed long description in
> >   debian/control?
>
> Just done !

[...]
> > Checking with lintian gives some more hints:
>
> My lintian check : "lintian -i -I --show-overrides
> logtop_0.1-1_amd64.changes" didn't gave me anything, how can I have
> the verbose output you have ?
Just a quick hint, are you running lintian from sid ?
and there is also the --pedantic option...

Hope this helps,

--
Julien Viard de Galbert                        <julien@vdg.blogsite.org>
http://silicone.homelinux.org/           <julien@silicone.homelinux.org>