RFS: logtop a realtime log line rate analyzer

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "logtop".

* Package name    : logtop
  Version         : 0.1-1
  Upstream Author : Julien Palard
* URL             : http://github.com/JulienPalard/logtop/
* License         : FreeBSD License
  Section         : admin

It builds these binary packages:
logtop     - Realtime log line rate analyzer

What this package do ?
$ tail -f SOME_FILE | logtop -s X
is like doing a :
$ watch 'tail -f -n X SOME_FILE | sort | uniq -c | sort -gr'
But it updates line by line (curses interface) and display, for each
line, the number seen, the number of lines/second, and the line.
It was wrote to have a low memory footprint and a low cpu usage, as I
is aimed to help sysadmins analyze lots of logs on production server,
under heavy load : Log lines are stored in an AVL tree (like a
red-black tree but a bit slower to insert, faster to search, as it's
better balanced)

I use it in production to analyse some logs outputing at a rate > 2000
lines / second for example to analyse traffic on my HTTP load balancer
(to check if it's normal traffic, watching the top IPs requesting, top
pages requested ..., hit rate ratios by page etc...). Combined with
grep, logtop can extract interesting information of any kind of log,
in realtime with a curses interface using tail -f ... | grep ... |
logtop or a one-shot analysis using cat file ... | grep ... | logtop
as a final report is dumped to stdout when stdin closes.

My motivation for maintaining this package is:
I'm the upstream author of this tool that I was seeking for a long
time and now that I wrote, and use almost every day. I can't stay
without sharing it to the Debian community. It's my first package, and
it will make me happy if my little contribution can make some
sysadmins happy as I am using Debian !

main contrib non-free
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/logtop/logtop_0.1-1.dsc

You can contact me by mail : reply to this one, or by google talk :
mandark.dev or IRC jul1en on freenode and quakenet.

Kind regards,

--
Julien Palard - CTO à Eeple - <julien@eeple.fr>
Mobile : +33 (0)6 21 19 49 10